October 20-21, 2021
Recreation NB - Virtual Conference
The 2021 Recreation NB | Loisirs N.-B. Conference will be held October 20-21, 2021. This will be the first time we have held our provincial conference completely online. The Conference Committee is seeking to recruit presenters for this virtual event which can attract over 100 delegates from throughout New Brunswick and the Maritimes.
This year’s conference theme is “Resilience & Reinvention - Together Towards Tomorrow” Presentations related to this theme that showcase community engagement/development and projects that focus on recreation, inclusion, volunteerism, program planning, community assets, physical activity, play and parks and green space planning are being sought.
WHO WILL ATTEND:
A mix of both rural and urban professionals, volunteers and elected officials from New Brunswick and surrounding areas, including:
• Municipal and provincial elected officials
• Recreation managers, especially those with an interest in, or who are responsible for parks, culture and planning and operations
• Community recreation programmers
• Students and new professionals
• Contract staff, consultants and strategic planners
• Public health practitioners
• Professionals from allied sectors including: crime prevention, tourism, agriculture, education, health and wellness, outdoor education, and inclusion
• Recreation Therapists / Activity Coordinators
This will be a great opportunity for community organizations to share their work, successes, challenges and findings. If you are aware of any groups who may be interested, please forward this document to them. Please note: Deadline for submissions is Friday, May 28th, 2021.Presenters will be notified on or before June 30th, 2021, regarding the suitability of the proposed presentation and our ability to include the session in the program schedule.