May 18 - May 20, 2022
Atlantic Recreation & Facilities Conference
The fourth Atlantic Recreation & Facilities Conference and Trade Show will be held May 18 - May 20, 2022 at the Sheraton Hotel in St. John's, NL. This year's conference theme is "Focused on the Future". The theme invites us to be forward thinking when it comes to anticipating changes in the recreation and facilities sector.
The conference will provide an opportunity to explore current practices and new ideas that may shape ongoing practices and standards in the sector. As always, the Atlantic Recreation & Facilities Conference and Trade Show is brought to you in partnership by Recreation PEI, Recreation Nova Scotia, Recreation Facility Association of Nova Scotia, Recreation New Brunswick and Recreation Newfoundland and Labrador.
This exciting Atlantic gathering dedicated to Recreation and Facilities will have keynote speakers, sessions and roundtables focusing on professional development and growth, a trade show focused on programming and purchasing opportunities, along with nightly social events creating opportunities for collaboration and networking.
2022 Atlantic Recreation and Facilities Conference Travel Subsidy
In an effort to support our dedicated members in delivering quality recreation programming, we are offering a travel subsidy for the 2022 Atlantic Recreation and Facilities Conference, May 18-20th, 2022 in St. John's, NL.
• A total of $20,000 has been allocated to the Atlantic Recreation and Facilities Conference Travel Fund.
• This fund will provide financial assistance to individuals in their pursuit of professional development within the recreation field.
• Individual requests should not exceed $500.00.
• A maximum of 2 subsidies per municipality/organization.
Applicant Eligibility Criteria:
• Applicants must be full-time employed recreation professionals and work within the province of New Brunswick.
• Applicants must demonstrate that they are able to fund the remaining costs associated with attending the Atlantic Recreation and Facilities Conference through other means.
• Applicants must demonstrate that the Atlantic Recreation and Facilities Conference will impact their daily work.
• Applicants must complete the Atlantic Recreation and Facilities Conference Travel Subsidy Form online. (Link Below)
Applications will be reviewed by the Travel Subsidy Review Committee and all applicants will be informed regarding the status of their request no later than two weeks following their submission date.
Deadline for Submissions:
Applications will be awarded on their merit on a first come, first served basis. The application process will open on Monday, February 21st, 2022 and run until the fund has been dispersed.
All individuals will receive an email confirming that their application has been received. If within five working days of submission you have not received confirmation, contact Recreation NB | Loisirs N.-B. at 506-459-1929 Ext 1.
Unsuccessful applicants will not have the opportunity to appeal decisions of the Travel Subsidy Review Committee. All applicants will be notified of their decision via email.
Payment of the subsidy will be provided upon receipt of proof of registration for the Atlantic Recreation and Facilities Conference.
Applicants' employers will need to provide an invoice to Recreation NB | Loisirs N.-B. for reimbursements as payments will be made to the municipality or organization, not the individual.
In the event a successful candidate does not attend the Atlantic Recreation and Facilities Conference, they are required to return the payment in full to Recreation NB | Loisirs N.-B.